Tester

Jul 28, 2010 at 6:25 PM
Sup guys, I recently sent a request to join the team. Anyhow I would love to contribute to the project even in if that means posting here and testing your ap.
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 6:33 PM
Hey there, we could use help with testing, documentation and building
the game content. Let me know if you'd like to help out. I emailed you
a couple minutes ago.

--Sent from my iPhone
Coordinator
Jul 28, 2010 at 8:26 PM
We are close to having a fully functional server and we do have full offline support finished. Environments can be created however populating environments isn't implemented yet but is close to having work start on it.
I'm hoping by the end of august to have a completed server, placeable objects and character creation system in place so we can start work on a actual game. 

--Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 28, 2010, at 10:25 AM, "enigmanet"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Sup guys, I recently sent a request to join the team. Anyhow I would love to contribute to the project even in if that means posting here and testing your ap.
Jul 29, 2010 at 3:22 PM
Welcome to the team! Good to see more people taking interest in the project.
Jan 8, 2011 at 9:27 AM
Edited Jan 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Hey there folks. I see that you are looking for GUI designer. How many hours per week are you expecting to be spent on the project? Also, are there any plans on integrating a custom front end editor into the software?

Coordinator
Jan 9, 2011 at 5:01 PM

Hi there tk,

I currently have a GUI designer under development, which will contain drop down menus and check boxes for easier creation of environments and objects. The plan for a custom front end editor had been the original design goal, but was pushed back until the engine was mature enough to be used in a UI which it not is I believe.

The work on the editor (and the engine really) has died off due to lack of feedback by those who use the engine. With myself really being the only person developing on it (besides the developer who coded the server side) it's difficult to build the engine without a team to offer input and design concepts. With that having been said, I have not really given the toolkit much time and consideration as of late due to that. If you are interested in getting involved and coding then I'd greatly appreciate your help. However, due to the lack of interest in the project, I have taken up another project with a company and thus won't have a whole lot of time to commit to the Mud Designer. I can however provide feedback and consultation on the design direction, and provide support for any questions and help out when you need it.

Mar 8, 2012 at 12:22 AM

Hello i'm really interested in learning game design and if you need ideas on how to make it better i have a few i've been toying aaround with this for a hour or so and i suggest maybe making it to where commands dont need to be coded by self but when you type create have Command be a option like room and realm and zone are.

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Hello,

If you would like to help out with concept designs please feel free to shared them. The project is still in a early stage and will be improved on greatly over the coming months.

I am currently getting the last of the major stuff completed for the Alpha 2.0 release and will then start work on automating things such as world creation and scripts.

Alpha 2.0 uses a brand new script engine that makes creating commands and new content easier than before.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 7, 2012, at 5:22 PM, phiano <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hello i'm really interested in learning game design and if you need ideas on how to make it better i have a few i've been toying aaround with this for a hour or so and i suggest maybe making it to where commands dont need to be coded by self but when you type create have Command be a option like room and realm and zone are.

Mar 8, 2012 at 7:01 AM

Alright um one question how do i load a previous world i created? and take out the californa realm?

Coordinator
Mar 8, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I would honestly wait a bit for 2.0. Anything you make in 1.0 will not work with the new version coming out. 1.3 does not have persistent state save code implemented so your world never really saves properly. That is going to be addressed with 2.0 along with NPC, monster, quests, dialog, battle, leveling and skills support.

Sent from my iPad

On Mar 8, 2012, at 12:01 AM, phiano <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Alright um one question how do i load a previous world i created? and take out the californa realm?

Mar 8, 2012 at 8:51 AM

aight that sounds good

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM

2.0 was released, so feel free to give it a shot now :)