- Minimum .NET Framework version required to run the toolkit was changed from 4.5 to 4.0. Users will need to make sure they have .NET 4.0 installed to run.
- Due to changing the .NET version to 4.0, Windows XP support has been returned.
- Binaries are now all compiled to be cross-platform on both Windows 32bit and Windows 64bit operating systems.
- The internal command processing and execution code is now a safer process, providing a safe manor of failing in the event that the command contains bad code. The engine should abort and move on instead of crashing.
- "Say" command now works, allowing for proper chat messages. Note that "Say" will only broadcast a message to the current Room. Users will need to be in the same room to see the message. You can easily implement a "Yell" command that calls Zone.BroadcastMessage() if you would like Zone wide messages.
- Help command no longer disconnects users. For the time being, it was just disabled.
Alpha 2.0 features
The following items are the core features of the Engine with this release
- Complete multi-threaded telnet server
- Robust scripting system
- Game state management
- New Engine Settings system allows you to replace core engine components with your custom scripts, without needing access to the source code.
- Engine save and load code has been improved drastically.
- Re-designed Command system.
- Very dynamic engine, allowing for any component of it to be replaced with something custom via scripts.
The following items are core features of the new Editor prototype included with this release
- Create environments
- Linking Rooms together can be done via drag-and-drop
- Server built into the editor allows creating your game content dynamically while the server runs and players are connected!